The day started overcast and cool, mid-50s or so with low humidity. The breeze made it feel colder, but not entirely unpleasant. It had rained the night before which left the air fresh and clear of pollen. Pre-race jitters were at a minimum despite the difficulty of the course ahead!
Heart Rate Monitor:
- Garmin Premium Strap http://amzn.to/2lCEiD9 )
- Garmin Tri Strap or Garmin Tri Bundle (http://amzn.to/2qaWsBz)
- Orb Massage Ball (http://amzn.to/2CmadxT)
- Head light (https://amzn.to/2MDcnOE)
- Power meter: FAVERI Assioma UNO (https://amzn.to/3Ad4SrO)
- Tail light (https://amzn.to/2MEbPbk)
- Tires: Vittoria Rubino Pro (http://amzn.to/2CAgqbo)
- Saddle bag (https://amzn.to/2IZ6OgB)
- CO2 cartridges (https://amzn.to/2xsl38t)
- Inflator (https://amzn.to/2LbqJ8U)
- Tire levers (https://amzn.to/2L9UO8F)
- Tubes (https://amzn.to/2J53DAb)
- Multi-tool (https://amzn.to/2kCqiZW)
- Valve extender
- Master link (https://amzn.to/2LO9QSM) – make sure you choose the right link for your chain
- Torque wrench (https://amzn.to/2J8m8DB)
- Giro Aerohead (https://amzn.to/2LaaE3W)
Note: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
New for 2018 we will offer a group training program for athletes racing IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant. This will be a fixed program leveraging our experience in coaching almost fifty successful IRONMAN finishes, which includes fifteen finishes on the IRONMAN Mont-Tremblant course! (Check out Melissa’s review of the 2017 course)
The group training program is a 30 week starting January 15th and will be designed for beginner to intermediate athletes. All athletes will receive the same schedule, but each athlete will receive customized training zones (heart rate, pace and/or power) and have the benefit of a watchful eye looking over their training.
I participated in the 2017 Baystate marathon in Lowell,MA yesterday….touted as a good one for first timers as it is mainly flat. And it was mostly flat except in mile 4 and 14, and the bridges. The temps were perfect to start, wearing my cooling sleeves and light gloves. I started up my marathon playlist and Gettin Jiggy with it came on! I started up my Garmin so the gps would be ready and got a low battery warning for my HR monitor. Oh well, nothing I can do about that now!
- Swim: B
- Bike: A-
- Run: B+
Athlete Experience: A
- Support: A+
- Logistics: A
- Spectating: B+
- Swag: C+
- Lodging: A
- Restaurants: B
- Hospitality: A
Final recommendation: This race should be on your bucket list, especially for athletes who like hills. Challenging but worth it!